Request Forms

Email any forms you need to submit to so they may be received and processed in a timely manner. Do not email forms to the dean.

Undergraduate S/U Grade Request

Students may choose to change only one letter-graded class a semester to a Satisfactory/ Unsatisfactory (S/U) grading basis by 7th Week deadline of the term in question.

The class must meet one of the following requirements:

  • The class is a language class (Spanish, French, etc.) used for Arts and Sciences foreign language proficiency requirement; or
  • The class is being used as an elective towards the minimum 120 hours for graduation and/or the minimum 45 hours at the 3000/4000 level.
    • Courses satisfying major requirements (including prerequisites), minor requirements, or those being used to meet general education or other university graduation requirements CANNOT be taken on a S/U basis.

The S/U form is available online through Student Central from the first day of the semester through 11:59pm on the 7th week deadline for students meeting the following criteria:

  • The student has an FSU GPA of 2.5 or is in their first semester at FSU;
  • It is between the first day of classes and the 7th week deadline; and
  • The student is enrolled in a course that is letter-graded and not in the College of Business.

To use the online S/U form, select the enrolled course you would like to be changed to S/U from Student Central > My Classes tile > Permit to Change Course to S/U link. The submitted form is then routed to your Academic Dean’s Office for review. If approved, the form routes to the Registrar’s Office for processing.

If denied, you will receive an email and push notification directing you to view the comments entered by your Academic Dean’s office in your My Tasks tile > In Progress/ Completed Forms link.

If the online form through Student Central is not available to you, it is because you do not meet the criteria outlined above. In these cases, if you have a FSU cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher, you can complete the “Undergraduate S/U Form,” found on the Registrar’s website, and email the completed form to the College of Arts and Sciences Academic Dean's Office – Student Affairs office at by 7th Week deadline.

No exceptions will be approved after the deadline.

Request to Modify Course Credit for an Individual Student

To modify course credit, contact the academic department offering the course in question. Download and complete the Request to Modify Course Credit for an Individual Student form from the FSU Registrar’s website.

Final Approval of Major Changes

The major change process, including adding additional majors, for all majors housed within the College of Arts and Sciences is initiated through the department or program offering the major. Please set up an academic advising appointment with the academic advisor associated with that department/program to discuss the proposed major change.

Students wishing to add a second major or dual degree must declare their intent before accumulating 90 earned hours. Students with 90 or more earned hours may petition to add an additional major or declare dual degrees by downloading and submitting the Arts and Sciences Double Major/Dual Degrees Form to

Campus Location Change

Students considering a campus location change should consult with their departmental adviser first. Download and complete the Campus Location Change form from the FSU Registrar’s website.

Out of Residency Request

Download and complete the Out of Residency form.

Your final 30 semester hours must be completed in residence at Florida State University. Petitions for waivers of this requirement must document exceptional circumstances and must be submitted to the College of Arts and Sciences Student Affairs Office at prior to enrolling in any courses at another institution.

Summer Hours Requirement

Students transferring to FSU with fewer than 60 hours are required by state law to completed a minimum of 9 hours of summer enrollment at a State of Florida Public University. Students with 80 or more hours who have not completed the requirement will be prompted to complete a Summer Hours Requirement Waiver through the To-Do List Feature within Student Central.

Undergraduate Request to Take a Graduate-level Course

Students considering taking a graduate level course should consult with their departmental adviser first. Download and complete the Undergraduate Request to Take a Graduate-level Course form from the FSU Registrar's website.

Course Overload Permissions

Permission for a Course Overload

If you want to schedule more than 18 semester hours (an overload) during any semester, you must first obtain an overload permit and dean’s permission. You may not register for more than 21 semester hours under any circumstances. Download the Course Overload Permit Request form, complete the form, and email it to

Rescheduling a Final Examination

Download and complete the Request to Reschedule Final Examination form.

Email the completed form from your FSU email account to, copying the instructor of the course, prior to the start of the final examination week to guarantee timely approval.


Graduation Application Process

You should apply for graduation during the second and third week of the term when you will be completing all degree requirements. Please refer to the University Registrar’s Graduation Calendar for specific deadlines and important dates.

Submitting the Graduation Application Online

  1. Login at
  2. Under myFSU Links on the left-hand side of the screen, click the SC icon.
  3. Under the Academics area, click the drop down box arrow and select Apply for Graduation.

For further instructions, visit

If the graduation link is missing, please contact the Graduation Office within the Registrar’s Office at (850) 644-5850 for assistance.

Process to be Late Added to the Graduation List

  • Contact your major adviser to obtain a graduation clearance and complete the “Late Request to Apply for Graduation” form. If you have more than one major, you will submit a graduation clearance for each additional major to your primary major advisor.
  • If your primary major is housed in the College of Arts & Sciences, your advisor will forward your graduation clearance(s) and the “Late Request to Apply for Graduation” form to the College of Arts & Sciences Student Affairs Office for review to ensure that you will be completing all degree requirements that term.
  • If you are eligible to be late added to the graduation list, your “Late Add” petition form will be forwarded to the FSU Registrar’s Office so that you can be officially added to the graduation list. You will be sent an email to your FSU email account indicating this action has been taken.
  • If you are not eligible to be late added to the graduation list, you will receive an email outlining the issue.

Early Walker Policy

  • Students who are not completing all degree requirements should not apply for graduation. Students who wish to participate in a graduation ceremony prior to completing all degree requirements must contact the Graduation section of the FSU Registrar's Office ( to obtain an Early Walker Application by no later the end of the third week of classes, though students are encouraged to submit their application as early as possible.

If students are unable to participate in the graduation ceremony during the term in which they graduate, they can be permitted to participate in a future graduation ceremony within one year after they officially graduate. These "Late Walker" requests are always approved.

Impact on Future Registration

  • After you apply for graduation, a stop will be placed on any future registrations unless you have been readmitted to the university or your name has been removed from the graduation list.
  • When you receive a degree from the University, you are "discontinued" as a student. If you wish to continue as special (non-degree seeking) student, or to work on a second bachelor's degree, you must apply for readmission to the University through the appropriate section of the Admission's Office.
  • Students seeking a Doctoral or Master's degree must be admitted through the Graduate Admissions Office.