Florida State University utilizes a centralized scholarship management system. The system, called FS4U, offers many useful online features and benefits for students as well as faculty and staff who are involved in awarding scholarships. Students can view available scholarships for which they are eligible, apply for scholarships, and view and accept scholarship offers. The following scholarships are administered through the Dean’s Office and applications are available through FS4U at fsu.academicworks.com. Call Melissa Ray at (850) 644-4949 with questions.
Study Abroad Scholarship
The $2,000 Study Abroad Scholarship is available to students in the College of Arts and Sciences who are participating in a FSU Study Abroad Program offered through the International Programs Office. Apply online through FS4U and search for "College of Arts and Sciences Study Abroad Awards" from the home page.
- Applicants must have completed at least 52 credit hours at the time of travel, including at least 15 credit hours at Florida State University.
- Applicants must be officially listed as an undergraduate major in a degree program offered through the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Applicants must have been accepted to the FSU study abroad program offered through the International Programs Office.
- Spring 2022 Travel — applications accepted in the FS4U system from August 1 through Sept. 10, 2021
- Summer 2022 Travel — applications accepted in the FS4U system from Oct. 1 through Nov. 12, 2021
- Fall 2022 Travel — applications accepted in the FS4U system from Feb. 11 through April 29, 2022
Douglas Peterson Vietnamese Scholarship
The Douglas Peterson Vietnamese Scholarship in Arts and Sciences is intended to provide financial assistance to Vietnamese, Laotian or Cambodian graduate students who are either entering into or continuing with any graduate program within the College of Arts and Sciences. At least one scholarship of $3,000 will be awarded to a deserving student each year. Apply online though FS4U and search for "Douglas Peterson Vietnamese Scholarship in Arts and Sciences" from the home page.
- Applicants must be Vietnamese, Laotian or Cambodian graduate students in good standing in a graduate program in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Recipients must be registered graduate students in the College of Arts and Sciences, or prospective graduate students who have been admitted to Florida State University and a College of Arts and Sciences department or program.
- Applications are accepted on a continuous basis.
Ermine M. Owenby, Jr., Fund to Promote Excellence
Following receipt of a generous gift, the College of Arts and Sciences created the Ermine M. Owenby Jr. Fund to Promote Excellence. The fund provides support for women enrolled in any of the graduate programs in the College of Arts and Sciences to present papers at professional meetings or conferences. Virtual conferences are also eligible for funding. It is anticipated that 10 awards of $500 each will be provided to worthy students during each application cycle. This opportunity is not administered through the FS4U system.
- Applicants must be a female student enrolled in good standing in a graduate program in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- If awarded funding under this program previously, applicants may apply again if they did not receive funding in the two previous application cycles.
- A paper must have been officially accepted for presentation at the conference for which funding is requested. Presentations during a virtual conference are allowable.
- Note: If you have not received notification of acceptance of your paper, provide proof of submission. Funding will not be granted until proof of acceptance has been provided.
- Download the application PDF and complete the form.
- Get the signature/endorsement of department chair/director.
- Arrange to have a letter submitted from your faculty adviser endorsing your application, confirming your good standing in the program, and commenting on the importance of the conference in the field.
- Include documentation showing you have been invited/accepted to present a paper at a professional meeting or conference. Emailed confirmations are acceptable.
- Submit the form, documentation that you have been invited/accepted to participate in a conference and the letter of recommendation to email@example.com. The letter may be sent under separate cover.
If you have questions, call Melissa Ray at (850) 644-4949.
- Fall Travel (July 1 - Dec. 31, 2021) - October 22, 2021
- Spring Travel (Jan. 1 - June 30, 2022) - March 11, 2022