Following receipt of a generous gift, the College of Arts and Sciences announces the creation of the Ermine M. Owenby Jr. Fund to Promote Excellence. The purpose of the fund is to provide support for women enrolled in any of the graduate programs in the College of Arts and Sciences; so that they might present papers at professional meetings or conferences. It is anticipated that 10 awards of $500 each will be provided to worthy students.
- Applicants must be a female student enrolled in good standing in a graduate program in the College of Arts and Sciences
- If awarded funding under this program previously, applicants may apply again after not receiving funding in the two previous application cycles.
- A paper must have been officially accepted for presentation at the conference for which funding is requested.
- Note- If you have not received notification of acceptance of your paper, provide proof of submission. Funding will not be provided until proof of acceptance has been provided.
- Click here to download a PDF version of the application form and complete the form.
- Get the signature/endorsement of Department Chair/Director.
- Arrange to have a letter submitted from your faculty advisor endorsing your application, confirming your good standing in the program, and commenting on the importance of the conference in the field.
- Include documentation showing you have been invited/accepted to present a paper at a professional meeting or conference. Emailed confirmations are acceptable.
- Submit the form, documentation that you have been invited/accepted to participate in a conference and the letter of recommendation to email@example.com. The letter may be sent under separate cover.
If you have questions, call Melissa Ray at 644-4949.
Spring Travel (January 1 - June 30, 2019) - March 8, 2019
Fall Travel (July 1 - December 31, 2019) - October 18, 2019