The $3,000 Douglas Peterson Vietnamese Scholarship is available to Vietnamese, Laotian or Cambodian graduate students who are either entering into or continuing with any graduate program within the College of Arts & Sciences.
Douglas Peterson Vietnamese Scholarship in the College of Arts & Sciences
The Douglas Peterson Vietnamese Scholarship in Arts & Sciences is intended to provide financial assistance to Vietnamese, Laotian or Cambodian graduate students who are either entering into or continuing with any graduate program within the College of Arts & Sciences. At least one scholarship of $3,000 will be awarded to a deserving student each year.
- Applicants must be Vietnamese, Laotian or Cambodian graduate students in good standing in a graduate program in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Recipients must be registered graduate students in the College of Arts and Science, or prospective graduate students who have been admitted to the University and a College of Arts & Sciences Department or Program.
- Click here to download a PDF version of the application and complete the form.
- Arrange for TWO LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION to be submitted on your behalf.
- Incoming graduate students – One of the letters must be written by a person familiar with your academic capabilities and/or academic interests, preferably a current or past instructor or advisor.
- Continuing graduate students – Arrange to have letters submitted from your department chair or director and your faculty advisor in support of your application.
- Submit the application and support letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letters of recommendation (scanned) may be sent under separate covert to email@example.com.
If you have questions, please call Melissa Ray at 644-4949.
Applications are accepted on a continuous basis.