Ermine M. Owenby, Jr., Fund to Promote Excellence
Following receipt of a generous gift, the College of Arts and Sciences announces the creation of the Ermine M. Owenby, Jr., Fund to Promote Excellence. The purpose of the fund is to provide support for women enrolled in any of the graduate programs in the College of Arts and Sciences; so that they might present papers at professional meetings or conferences. It is anticipated that 10 awards of $500 each will be provided to worthy students.
- Applicants must be a female student enrolled in good standing in a graduate program in the College of Arts and Sciences
- A paper must have been officially accepted for presentation at the conference for which funding is requested.
- Note- If you have not received notification of acceptance of your paper, provide proof of submission. Funding will not be provided until proof of acceptance has been provided.
Click here to download a PDF version of the application and complete the form.
Arrange to have a letter submitted from your department chair endorsing your application, confirming your good standing in the program, and commenting on the standing of the conference in the field.
Arrange to have a letter of recommendation submitted from your faculty advisor endorsing your application.
Include documentation showing you have been invited/accepted to present a paper at a professional meeting or conference. Emailed confirmations are acceptable.
- Using the “Submit Application” button on the form send the application and confirmation of your presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letters of recommendation (scanned) may be emailed to email@example.com, or mailed to:
The Ermine M. Owenby, Jr., Fund to Promote Excellence
College of Arts and Sciences
Attn: Melissa Ray
Florida State University
Tallahassee, FL 32306-1280
If you have questions, call Melissa Ray at 644-4949.
Fall Travel (July 1 - December 31, 2016) — October 14, 2016
Spring Travel (January 1 - June 30, 2017) — March 15, 2017