Ermine M. Owenby Jr. Fund to Promote Excellence
Following receipt of a generous gift, the College of Arts and Sciences announces the creation of the Ermine M. Owenby Jr. Fund to Promote Excellence. The donor’s purpose is to provide support for women enrolled in any of the graduate programs in the College of Arts and Sciences so that they might present papers at professional meetings. As many as 10 awards per cycle in the amount of $500 are to be awarded to worthy students.
- You must be a female student enrolled in good standing in a graduate program in the College of Arts and Sciences
- Your paper must have been officially accepted for presentation at the conference for which you are seeking travel funds
- Click here to download a PDF version of the application form.
- Write a letter describing why you wish to attend the meeting for which you are requesting funds. In the letter, also indicate the title of your presentation and the title of the meeting you will attend.
- Arrange to have a letter submitted from your department chair endorsing your application, confirming your good standing in the program, and commenting on the standing of the conference in the field.
- Arrange to have a letter of recommendation submitted from your faculty advisor endorsing your application.
Each item should be mailed or hand-delivered to the following address.
The Ermine M. Owenby Jr. Fund To Promote Excellence
College of Arts and Sciences
Attn: Ginger Martin
Florida State University
Tallahassee, FL 32306-1280
If you have questions, please call the Arts and Sciences Advising Office at 644-0714.
March 15 for Spring travel (Jan. 1 - June 30)
October 15 for Fall travel (July 1 - Dec. 31)